You do not need to have a gym membership to get a good shape. There are many places where you can have a wonderful workout. For example, at home!
We all have a busy schedule, but all that is required for this cardio workout is a little motivation and determination. And you don’t have to try to enter the time to the hall into your schedule. Let me guess: you have two kids running around the house, and there is no one to look after them while you are in the gym? Or do you have too much work to exercise even during the lunch break? There are no gyms near your home?
Whatever the reason you are not training, try a HIIT workout today at home. HIIT training (high-intensity interval training) is designed to provide load, motivate and give a boost of energy.
Cardio Exercises at Home (No Running)
HIIT training is a popular type of training that combines the two most effective methods to get you in good physical shape: building muscle and increasing your heart rate. This type of training includes new exercises and helps you set big goals. But, above all – it is fun and very convenient!
Push-ups features and tips
Training is best started with an active stretch.
- Starting position: stand straight, legs together, core muscles are tense.
- Bend down and try to reach your hands to the floor. As soon as your fingertips touch the floor, move your hands to the lying position. This stretching exercise will improve posture and flexibility.
- The main thing is to keep your legs upright so that you feel the tension in the back of your hips. If you lack flexibility, you can bend your knees to reach the floor.
- As soon as you accept the emphasis while lying down, do one push-up, tensing the muscles of the cortex, chest and back to lower the chest to the floor. Stop when the distance between the chest and the floor is 5 cm. Push your hands off the floor to return to the lying position.
- Raising your hips up, move your arms back. When the feet are in full contact with the floor, bend again and then straighten to the starting position.
- Do 10 reps.
Burpee: Tips How to do Burpees for Beginners
Now that you’ve warmed up, it’s time for the burpee. Burpee is a great exercise for burning calories.
- Sit down and place your palms on the floor.
- Push your feet off the floor and push them back so that you are in an emphasis lying down. Try to keep your toes on the floor when your feet land.
- It will be easier for you to push your feet off the floor and throw them back at the same time if you place them wider.
- When your feet are on the floor, push them off the floor and pull them toward you so that your knees are close to your elbows. At the same time, the feet should be brought together.
- Straighten up and then bounce up, arms extended above your head. These movements constitute one repetition.
- Perform 10 repetitions.
Best Cardio for abs – Modified Plank
Get ready to work on your core muscles.
- Accept the emphasis lying, spreading your arms shoulder-width apart. Bring your legs together to make the exercise more difficult or set apart to make it easier. The abdominal muscles should be tensed. Your body should be in a straight line from the hips to the head.
- Holding the body along this line, raise the left palm from the floor and place the left forearm on the floor. Perform the same movement with your right hand. Now both forearms are on the floor. Tighten your core muscles. Do not swing your hips back and forth.
- Hold this position for a second, and then raise your left forearm from the floor and place your left palm on the floor. Repeat for the right hand. These movements constitute one repetition.
- Do 20 reps.
Squats Calories Burned and Proper Form
Now it’s time to work on your lower body. Do not be surprised if after the first training session your legs will hurt a little.
- Stand straight, feet shoulder-width apart, toes pointing forward. Put your hands behind your head and snap your fingers into the lock. Do not pull your head forward.
- Look forward, tighten the muscles of the core. Bend forward, pushing your pelvis back and bending your knees. The knees should not extend forward beyond the toes, you should see the tips of the front of the feet. Squat to a level parallel to the floor (as if sitting in an imaginary chair). Bodyweight should be moved to the heels.
- When you sit in your imaginary chair, linger in this position for 2 seconds.
- Extending the legs at the knees, with an explosive movement, push the heels off the floor and return to the starting position. Remember to keep your butt muscles tight!
- Perform 30 repetitions.
During squats, you can burn from 58 calories to 133 calories for a 15-minute workout.
Running Plank to Target Core Muscles
- Lie on the floor. Arms and legs shoulder-width apart. Tighten your core muscles so that your lower back does not sag. The hips and head should be in line.
- Pull your right knee to your chest or lift it as high as you can.
- Bringing the right leg back to the starting position, pull the left knee to the chest. The core muscles should be tight, and the back should be in a straight position throughout the exercise. Imagine running on the spot.
- Perform 20 reps for each leg (40 reps total).
Jumping Jacks Calories Burned and Technique
This exercise provides both cardio and power load, which makes it an excellent complex exercise for the whole body. As with all other exercises, you will not need any equipment. All you need is free space in your home.
- Stand straight, lower your arms to the sides.
- With one motion, spread your legs in a jump and raise your arms above your head.
- Immediately make these same movements in the opposite direction: bring your feet together in a jump and lower your arms along the body.
- Perform 50 repetitions.
Jumping jacks can burn approximately 8 calories per minute.
High Knee Jogging in Place Technique
- Stand straight, feet shoulder-width apart, look forward, arms down along the body.
- Tightening the abdominal muscles, quickly lift the right knee up, in the direction of the chest. You must raise your knee to your hips. Keep your core muscles tight. Raise your left arm bent at the elbow as if running.
- At the same speed, lower your right foot to the floor, and lift your left knee up to your chest as quickly as possible. Make the appropriate movement with your right hand. Lower your feet to the floor. You should land on the front of the foot (on the cushion of the foot).
- Perform a total of 60 repetitions.
Cardio Workout Plan at Home
Repeat the exercises for 30 minutes. See how many times you can repeat this program during the week and track your progress.
Repeat the program as many times as you can within 30 minutes.
- Push-ups – 10 reps
- Burpee – 10 reps
- Transition plank – 10 reps
- Squats – 30 reps
- Plank Running – 40 reps
- Jumping Jack – 50 reps
- Jogging in Place – 60 reps
Next week we change the program: do each exercise for 1 minute with 10-second breaks between them.
- Push-ups – 1 minute
10 second rest
- Burpee – 1 minute
10 second rest
- Plank with transition – 1 minute
10 second rest
- Squats – 1 minute
10 second rest
- Running plank – 1 minute
10 second rest
- Jumping Jack – 1 minute
10 second rest
- Jogging in Place – 1 minute
These HIIT workouts do not require much free space in your home. All you need to do is get out of the couch and put on your sneakers. So, you should not have any excuses to get through them.