Women always try to improve their appearance. They want to get rid of cellulite and tone the buttocks. But in the end, when most of the problem areas on the body are toned, you can realize that back also requires attention.
Fat folds on the back spoil the waist and the back view. Diets do not work, but something needs to be done. This is where physical exercises for losing weight, which can be performed both at home and in the gym, come in handy.
Back Workout for Women at Home and in the Gym
Exercises for weight loss can be performed either at home or in the gym. It is very important to choose the right place for training, as it affects the results. You need to objectively evaluate all the pros and cons of both options.
Back Workout at Home: Pros and Cons
- You can feel relaxed, as no one will watch your training.
- Convenient: exercises can be performed at any time.
- Comfortable: you can turn on your favorite music.
- Self-organization: to achieve weight loss, exercises need to be performed regularly, at about the same time. And at home, it is easy to be distracted.
- Quality: exercises performed without a trainer are not always effective, because it is very difficult to do them correctly on your own.
- Costs: you have to spend money on sports equipment for classes.
- Results: they are not always satisfactory, and often, without the opinion of a specialist, it is difficult to understand why the back did not slimmed down.
Back Workout at the Gym: Pros and Cons
- Efficiency: a trainer selects a set of exercises for toning your back and accordingly, it will give excellent results, as he/she will take into account your individual indicators.
- Organization: training in the gym requires organization and you most likely will not miss the class with the trainer.
- Quality: experienced trainers will always point out mistakes when doing the exercises and tell you how to fix them.
- Sports equipment: first, you don’t have to buy it, and secondly, the choice will be much greater, that is, you can perform more diverse exercises.
- Freedom: you have to follow the gym schedule.
- Discomfort: if you feel shy about your body, you will not feel comfortable in the gym, because there will be many people.
- Additional costs: gym and a personal trainer will cost you a rather large amount.
Think about the pros and cons of both options. To choose the best place for classes, try going to the gym for at least a week. Then try to work out at home. After comparison, you will quickly make the right decision. Remember: all these nuances work for the result and will affect the effectiveness of exercises for losing weight.
On a note. If you perform exercises for losing weight, you can also increase the mobility of the spine, which normalizes its functioning, improves the functioning of blood vessels, muscles, and tissues.
Equipment for Back Workout
The main assistants in exercises for the back – body bar and dumbbells
Exercises for losing weight, in general, do not require any specific devices and equipment. This is the part of the body that will make your trip to sports shops easy.
- A solid, resilient cushion – you have to put it under your back to perform some exercises. To save money, you can replace it with a twisted towel.
- Body bar – gymnastic stick. Made of special material, it is very convenient for classes.
- Exercises with dumbbells help to get rid of fat on the back and sides, so they are a must purchased. Focus on your physical data: someone will be enough 2 kg, and someone can go broke and 4.
Roller, body bar and dumbbells – equipment designed specifically for weight loss. But you can also twist a hula-hoop, jump rope, and exercise on a stationary bike – all this, one way or another, will also improve your figure, including the back. Well, when you get everything you need, you can customize the complex and begin classes.
You need to know! It is recommended to work with dumbbells slowly: raise to the score 4, lower – by 8.
Exercise alone is not enough to eliminate back fat. To achieve weight loss in this part of the body, try to follow the recommendations of specialists (fitness trainers and nutritionists).
- Eat so that your back can lose weight. Spend more calories than you consume, do not eat in the evenings and nights, eliminate sweet and fat.
- Follow the class schedule. If you don’t overwork your back with heavy exercise, you can do it daily. If you are used to exercising until the seventh sweat – the regimen should be in a day.
- Complement your exercises with other physical activities: hiking, swimming, cycling.
- Drink more water to speed up metabolic processes that contribute to losing weight.
- Follow daily routine.
- Stop smoking.
- Give up alcohol.
Losing weight is important for some women and the process will turn out to be positive only if you strive for it. You have to follow the regimen of the day, cut the sweets consumption, and observe certain rules.
After a couple of weeks of such a boring life, you will see how beautiful the curves of your back have become, how your posture has straightened, the undesirable fat folds have gone. Have you got any motivation? Then go-ahead – start using sports equipment, which is useful for performing exercises.
It is interesting! The human spine is capable of supporting a weight of 400 kg.
The back is one of the strongest and at the same time a fragile part of our body. Extreme care must be taken when performing exercises for weight loss, because it is very easy to damage the vertebrae, but to treat them is practically impossible. Unfortunately, many conditions of the spine are contraindications for this kind of activity:
- intervertebral hernia;
Also, serious physical exertion on this part of the body is limited in the following cases:
- with hypertension;
- varicose veins;
- serious problems with the gastrointestinal tract;
- cancerous tumors;
- high temperature;
- exacerbation of any disease;
- pathologies of the genitourinary and circulatory systems;
- if during the day you have to do heavy physical work.
Even if you have no problems with the spine, it is better to undergo a medical examination before you start exercising. This will allow you to start classes with full confidence that they are not damaging to you. But first, think about where you are going to work out.
A curious fact. Different people have an unequal number of vertebrae in the spine. It ranges from 33 to 35.
The Best Back Exercises for Women
To do the exercises for weight loss at home correctly, you can watch videos. It will be great if during classes you will look in the mirror.
Back Exercises at Home
- Lie on your back, spread your arms to the side. Tighten the neck muscles, raise your head, pull your feet towards yourself. Hold in this position for 10 seconds, slowly relax.
- Lie on your back, close your hands behind your head. Put a roller under the back. With an effort to bend, linger in this position.
- Turn over on your stomach, stretch your arms and legs. To bend in the lower back, tearing off the legs and arms from the floor. Lock in position, slowly relax.
- Raise the upper body, while resting your hands on the floor. To rise, straighten your back. Lock the upper position, slowly go back.
- Kneel, lean your hands on a chair. Bend your back. Hold up.
- Get down on your right thigh, put your hands to the left. To rise – do the same thing the other way.
- Join hands behind the back: the left one starts back from above, the right one from below. Grab your fingers into the lock.
- Turns to the sides.
- Feet shoulder-width apart, put the body-bar on the shoulder blades, holding the ends with his hands, and relax the shoulders. Lean forward so that the back is parallel to the floor, spring it up and down.
- Be sure to include back exercises with dumbbells in the complex. Feet shoulder-width apart. In hands – dumbbells. Lunge with your leg bent at the knee forward, while raising your arms with dumbbells up. To be fixed. Straighten up. Change leg, repeat the exercise.
Back Exercises at Gym
- Oblique Twist Machine
- Seated Cable Row
- Incline Push-Ups
- Dumbbell Lunges
It will be much easier to choose exercises for losing weight specifically on your back in the gym with the trainer. If after two weeks you do not notice any results, it is advisable to consult specialists. You may need to change the schedule of trainings, choose a diet or increase physical activity. But usually, this kind of exercise allows you to make the back beautiful and graceful so that it matches your ideal figure.
When you work out, is this all you do, or should you combine it with other workouts?
Hi! This is a full workout, so you can use it separately on the back day. Also, you can combine this back workout with exercises for other muscles like biceps or pecs.
Great workout, thanks! I love when girls have that nice arch dent on their lower back. Any suggestions how to target this part?
Hi! To target the lower back a would recommend back extension, superman variations, front bridge to T. For those experiencing pain in their backs, I would recommend to consult your physician before beginning a workout routine.
I wanna try this out but how many times a week I need to work out to get results?
Hi! It depends on your goals and your workout routine. If this is the only workout you do, then you can exercise every other day, but I would recommend doing it a couple days per week. If you also target other muscle groups, you can include these exercises in your back day plan.
I have a question… do i have to do all of these exercises? or i can do ones that suit me…what if i do only one?
Hi! Do as many as you can! It will not be that effective, but you’ll see the results anyways.