Group exercise on stationary bikes, also known as spinning workout, is gaining more and more popularity due to the noticeable effect. Different sports clubs use different training methods of cardio load, choosing an individual approach to each client. There is even a disco spinning, which cannot leave indifferent gym-goers.
What is Stationary Bike HIIT Workout?
Group training involves the rotation of pedals with different resistance to rhythmic music, which the coach selects depending on the required pace of the load. The position of the body during training changes, as does the speed and the load on the legs.
Acceleration can change to resistance, in which the leg muscles get the maximum load. Cardio can alternate with exercises with dumbbells, body bars, swiss balls, and with bodyweight. The spinning training program is developed by the trainer.
Who is the Founder of Stationary Bike Workout?
The founder of cycling is Philip Mills. He developed a new unique technique in the 80s, combining choreographic movements with a cycling. In the nineties, the idea was intercepted by the cyclist Jonathan Goldberg, he started to use stationary bikes.
Bicycle HIIT Workout: Pros and Cons
- Cycling helps reduce body fat, providing oxygen and increasing heart rate.
- It tones all muscle groups, since the training is aimed not only at strengthening the muscles of the legs, but also the shoulder girdle.
- It trains the cardiorespiratory system, improving the function of the respiratory system, strengthening the heart and blood vessels, normalizes pressure.
- Training does not load the joints and spine, does not increase compression on them, like strength exercises.
- Training is safe for all ages unless there is a contraindication.
- The duration of the training does not exceed 60 minutes, 2-3 workouts per week is enough to get in good shape.
- The trainings have an interesting format with energetic music.
- It does not allow you to build muscle mass.
- You can’t train with diseases of the cardiovascular system, high blood pressure, tachycardia, heart defects.
Stationary Bike HIIT Workout Plan
Of course, home training will not allow you to plunge into the atmosphere of fitness clubs and get motivation from the trainer. After choosing a bike, select energetic tracks for training. Exercise no more than one hour three times a week. Trained athletes can increase the number of workouts to four.
HIIT Cycling Workout
It is necessary to warm up the muscles and ligaments for 10 minutes. Then proceed to the main program.
- Cycling standing up – 1 minute.
- Cycling standing up with palms placed on the front of the wheel – 1 minute.
- Cycling standing up leaning on the forearms – 1 minute.
- Acceleration with low resistance, holding the handles – 1 minute.
- Spinning at a steady pace – 1 minute.
- Maximum resistance pedaling– 1 minute.
- Spinning at a steady pace – 1 minute.
- Seated pedaling with medium resistance – 1 minute.
- Acceleration with low resistance – 1 minute.
- Pedaling at a steady pace – 1 minute.
Do 3-4 sets.
After cardio, do a bodyweight workout (3 sets).
- Push-ups from the floor (or knee push-ups). 15-20 repetitions.
- Plank – 1 minute.
- Crunches — 30 times.
Stretching – 5 minutes.
Dumbbell HIIT Workout
10-minute warm up – pedaling at medium speed.
- Standing pedaling, leaning on forearms – 1 minute.
- Standing Dumbbell Press – 20 reps.
- Low resistance pedaling with acceleration, holding the handle – 1 minute.
- Dumbbell row – 20 reps.
- Pedaling with maximum resistance – 1 minute.
- Pushups – 15-20 reps.
- Seated pedaling leaning on forearms – 1 minute.
- Dumbbell extension – 15-20 times.
- Acceleration with low resistance, leaning on forearms – 1 minute.
- Dumbbell curl 15-20 times.
Do 3-4 sets. At the end, do muscle stretching.
The 5 Best Stationary Bikes
DOMYOS – the manufacturer produces a line of spin bikes for home training. The bikes are comfortable to use, hold a stable position, it is also possible to adjust the position of the steering wheel and saddle.
DFC – Chinese budget bikes for home training. The seats are adjustable horizontally and vertically. They include heart rate sensors and a display on which the pulse is displayed.
3. Star Trac
Star Trac is an American brand, that produces professional high-quality exercise bikes that can also be used for home training. The line is popular among modern fitness clubs.
4. Life Fitness
LIFE FITNESS is an exercise bikes manufacturer, that produces bike for home and professional use using the latest technology.
PRECOR is a home and professional exercise bike manufacturer that provide comfort and safety training at any level of physical fitness.
Some modern fitness centers offer stationary bike training in front of large monitors, simulating a bike ride uphill. Group training allows you to get a quick result. With stationary bike you can tone muscles, speed up metabolism, reduce weight and strengthen the heart muscle.